 |
| Ajmal's response to his critics esp. Bob Willis |
Combination of broken English and hilarious facial expressions has made Saeed Ajmal's interviews a youtube sensation. However, a similar post-match interview after the final test match sparked confusion regarding legality of his bowling action, and gave his critics an opportunity to characterize him as a cheat. Much to the critics' disappointment, however, PCB and ICC soon issued statements which not only clarified Ajmal's comments, but also released scientific facts which will hopefully put this issue to rest forever. Per ICC, Ajmal starts the delivery with a bend of 23.5 degrees in his arm and finishes it with a bend of around 15.5 degrees. Therefore, his arm straightens by about 8 degrees, much less than the limit of 15 degrees allowed by the ICC. Even more surprisingly, when he bowls doosra, his arm straightens less then when he delivers his off-break and faster ball. Hence, his doosra which is widely-debated for its legality, is
"more legal" compared to his other deliveries (:P)
I've been surfing on-line greater than three hours as of late, but I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the internet can be much more helpful than ever before.
ReplyDeleteBimmian MGBAAAYY1 MINI Glove Box Organizer- MINI R50-R53 & 2005-2008 R52 MINI Convertibles- Authentic MINI Parts
Gene, I really appreciate your feedback. When I started this blog, I promised myself to never compromise on the quality of content. I'm glad to know that it's working. Thanks for your comments and keep on following this blog.
Deletecoz“ghar ki murgi, dal barabar.” soooo now you got reward 4rm....bahar ki murgiii.:P!!!!gr8!:)
ReplyDeleteInstead of celebrating brilliant Saeed and Abdur Rehman and the whitewash, Pakistani team and the management should seriously worry about the weekness of their pace attack, which i think always plays a very vital role in putting pressure on the opponent.
ReplyDeleteIf a pace attack does't get any movement from new ball, I am still wondering until when we will be depending upon spin wickets alongwith such a flop opening and middle order (eg 1 inning 2nd test)as always.
It's nice that you are thinking ahead. Opening batsmen and bowlers are not as strong as in the past but lets not not take anything away from Ajmal and Abdur Rehman. They bowled really well on the same wickets, where Swann and Panesar were not as successful. No doubt, there is a lot of room for improvement, but lets take things one by one.
Delete